Sunday, December 08, 2002

Don't be shocked, but I haven't read a book in about ten years. Which is kind of strange because in the thirty some years preceding that I must have read something like 10,000 books, give or take a few. I have two theories , well, let's make that three theories, as to why I have stopped reading. One, I have read all the good books. Two, it is too hard to read with bifocals. Three, I have a computer. The real reason must be swimming around in there somewhere, don't you think?
I'm not positive, but I think the last book I read was The Cider House Rules by John Irving, and I am almost certain that the first real book I read, a book with more words than pictures, was a biography of Buffalo Bill Cody, when I was six or seven years old.
If I ever read another book, I think it might be L.A. Confidential, no big reason, I just saw a special about it on Bravo the other night, and I thought it might make a good read. As usual, I got carried away. Ten thousand is way too high a number, but at least a thousand, maybe.