Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Springsteen at two am
Greatest hits
it's the shits.
Bored in the USA.
And speaking about the shits ..
Holy shit, did it ever rain tonight.
I could have been Bruce Springsteen ..
if my parents had named me Bruce
and changed their name to Springsteen.
It's the truth!
It took me four days to hitch hike from Saginaw ..
but now it's only like an hour and a half drive
and how hick are you if Saginaw is the Big City
But the whore house is in Bay City
and so are the whores, I guess.
And the johns too.
And where's my posse
they at the whore house too?

I've got the whorehouse blues
my socks in my shoes
my tongue on the floor
my keys in my pockets
my ass out the door.

That sort of almost rhymes except for in a couple of places.
And did I ever tell you about the time ..
Yeah, I think I did
And every word of it was true
except the parts that were changed for dramatic effect.
And that's also the truth.
I am so full of the truth tonight
And it's time to put the truth on the shelf
and go lie in bed.