Saturday, July 19, 2003

Song Of The Week
Ok, let me preface this by saying that I hate Grand Funk Railroad, and not just because they are Grand Funk and I am Grand Ennui, but I admit the rivalry does exist.
Yeah, I hate Grand Funk Railroad, yeah they're from Michigan, yeah I'm from Michigan, yeah the Pope's from Michigan, but so what, I still hate Grand Funk Railroad.
All that being said ...
I love the freaking song.
It's one of those songs that whenever you hear it, it takes you back to ...
Well, it makes you remember ...
Well, you hear it, and it triggers a memory.
I was sitting in my car in the parking lot of the Great Scott supermarket at Harper and 13 Mile Road in St Clair Shores Michigan, feeling all kind of bummed out over some kind affair of the heart, it was summer time, the windows were rolled down, my head was resting on the window, I was looking in the driver's side mirror, I had hair down to my ass, and a beard down to, well let's just say my beard was long, and I said to myself ...
"Jeebus Ken," because I was Ken then, as I am now, remember boz is just a pseudonym, "Just when did you become such a ..."
And then this song, yeah this song, by Grand Funk Railroad, who I happen to hate, came on CKLW, and I went ...
Whoa, this is the schizzle, a word that happened to invent back in 1973 by the way
Ok enough of this crap
Ladies and Gentlemen, let me present ...
Bad Time To Be In Love