Thursday, November 14, 2002

I watched the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid on Turner Classic tonight. The first time I saw it was at one of the base theaters on Kessler AFB in Mississippi back in the fall of 1969. I think it cost fifty cents back then, and about four of us went on a weeknight. This was while I was in Technical Training School and we had a 9PM curfew, but I don't think we called it a curfew, we called it lights out. Anyway, the movie didn't end till after lights out, so we were technically AWOL. (Absent WithOut Leave) We didn't get caught, or else nobody really cared, or maybe we did get caught, and we didn't care, but by the fall of 69 I was pretty much done with school and was very GAF, (Give A F**k) and of course there was the war in 'Nam, but I don't think anyone in my branch of the Air Force was actually killed in Vietnam, at least not by the enemy, so .... I am rambling again.